Wednesday 10 December 2008

Putting My Site Online

After loading all of my content onto my website, I then wanted to upload on to the internet. I know that I don't have to do this as part of my assessment, but I wanted my site to be online. 

My first attempt was a site called freewebs.com. I started registering for the site, and filled in all my details. Then when it came to the end I had to click on a button to confirm my details. Yet when I clicked on it, even though the website claimed to be loading, yet it never did. 

This must have been a technical fault with the site, as a classmate also tried it and had the same issue. 

The next host site I tried was black apple. Again, I filled in all my details to register and then waited for my conformation e-mail. I then got that through and followed the link from the e-mail. The link then lead me to a page, where I had to enter my username and password. I then did this, but every time, my username/password was denied. I knew it couldn't be incorrect as I only just created it. 

When showing a classmate, who had just successful uploaded her site though black apple, she said the link in her e-mail took her to a different page. This must again have been a fault with the site, and I just got unlucky. 

I then tried a site called Angel Fire. This time, unlike the rest, I successfully registered to the site. Once I was registered I started uploading my Dreamweaver stuff. But yet again I had issues. Even though most of my Dreamweaver content loaded up, none of my buttons or my banner would load up. This wasn't just me. I had help from my classmates and tutors but still the buttons and banner would not upload. 

I cannot have a website without any buttons or a banner, so I have now come to the conclusion my site is not supposed to go online. I will just have to settle with it on a disc. 

No comments: